Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: crossreference
cross-reference (plural cross-references)
- A reference or direction in one place in a book or other source of information to information at another place in the same work.
- 2018, James Lambert, “Setting the Record Straight: An In-depth Examination of Hobson-Jobson”, in International Journal of Lexicography, volume 31, number 4, DOI:https://doi.org/10.1093/ijl/ecy010, page 490:
- Hobson-Jobson (1903) contains 2467 dictionary entries, of which 31 are merely cross-references to other entries.
a reference to another location in the same source
- (transitive) To provide something with a cross-reference.
- To compare two or more sources of information.