crossbill (plural crossbills)
- Any of various finches of the genus Loxia, whose bill crosses over at the tips; they are specialist feeders on conifer cones.
- (law) A bill brought by a defendant, in an equity or chancery suit, against the plaintiff, respecting the matter in question in that suit.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Bouvier to this entry?)
- common crossbill, Loxia curvirostra
- Hispaniolan crossbill, Loxia megaplaga
- parrot crossbill, Loxia pytyopsittacus
- red crossbill, Loxia curvirostra
- Scottish crossbill, Loxia scotica
- South Hills crossbill, Loxia sinesciuris
- two-barred crossbill, Loxia leucoptera
- white-winged crossbill, Loxia leucoptera
finch of the genus Loxia