Jump to navigation Jump to search
Trademark. Blend of can + growler
crowler (plural crowlers)
- A large can used to hold craft beer.
- 2016 February 11, Alex Delany, “Why the World Needs More Crowlers—Wait, What’s a Crowler?”, in bon appétit:
- The crowler has permeated today’s beer culture so far that you can have personalized ones made for your groomsmen.
- 2017, Kathy Flanigan, Beer Lover's Wisconsin: Best Breweries, Brewpubs and Beer Bars, →ISBN:
- Oskar Blues Brewing helped create crowlers, which are thought to last longer because UV rays can't get through the can.
- 2018, Maureen O’Prey, Beer in Maryland: A History of Breweries Since Colonial Times, →ISBN:
- In 2015 the owners added “crowlers” to their available line up of “to go” beer.
- 2018 November 20, Jordan Patterson, “The Beer Snob Holds Grand Opening For Downtown Location”, in Jamestown Post Journal:
- The beer store offers 50 to-go options as well in the form of six packs; big bottles, larger than 16 ounces; and “crowlers,” a 32-ounce sealed can filled with craft beer.