Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
crystallomancy (uncountable) (also crystalomancy, chrystallomancy, cristallomancy)
- The use of a crystal or other transparent solid for the purpose of divination.
- Divination by a crystal ball.
- "Chrystallomancy, by glasses..." -- The Magastromancer xix, Gaule, 1652
- "Precious stones were much used by crystallomancers in the past, the favourite stone being the beryl in pale sea green or reddish tints. By the ancients crystallomancy was practised with a view to the invocation of spirits" -- Encyc. Occult, L. Spence, 1920
- Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary. © 1996, 1998 MICRA, Inc.