Jump to navigation Jump to search
curler (plural curlers)
- One of a set of small cylindrical tubes used to curl hair.
- 1977, Agatha Christie, chapter 4, in An Autobiography, part II, London: Collins, →ISBN:
- There was also hairdressing: hairdressing, too, really was hairdressing in those times — no running a comb through it and that was that. It was curled, frizzed, waved, put in curlers overnight, waved with hot tongs; […].
- A sportsman who plays curling.
- (soccer) A pass or a shot of the ball which swerves.
- The captain sent a curler into the top corner of the net.
- 2011 September 28, Jon Smith, “Valencia 1-1 Chelsea”, in BBC Sport:
- Lampard was replaced by Kalou but the substitute immediately gave the ball to Jonas, whose 25-yard curler was tipped wide by Cech.
cylindrical tube for curling hair — see hair roller