Jump to navigation Jump to search
curlicue (plural curlicues)
fancy curling shape
- (transitive and intransitive) To make or adorn (something) with curlicues, or as if with curlicues.
- 1992, Donna Tartt, The Secret History:
- I was looking, obliquely, at Bunny slumped over his bowl when all of a sudden, in the window behind his head, I saw the distant figure of Mr. Hatch, walking across the open field beyond the garden, carrying the dark, curlicued ruins of the Malacca chair to the rubbish heap.
- 2007 October 15, The New York Times, “New CDs”, in New York Times:
- “Here We Go Again” is the gentlest kiss-off imaginable, with strings and harp and curlicued guitars cushioning Ms. Stone’s farewell […]