Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Curly
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈkɝli/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈkɜːli/
Audio (UK) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɜː(ɹ)li
- Having curls.
- (typography) Curling in a direction, as opposed to straight (quotation marks or apostrophes)
- Complicated and difficult; knotty.
- 2005, Chris Cooper, Behind the Private Eye: The Private Investigator's Secrets, →ISBN, page 176:
- Often, the job will throw you a curly problem that will cause the unprepared to fail, so it is best to prepare an investigative plan before starting work.
- curly brace
- curly apostrophe
- curly bracket
- curly cuh
- curly kale
- curly quote
- curly top
(typography) curling in a direction, as opposed to straight (quotation marks or apostrophes)
curly (plural curlies)
- a person or animal with curly hair.
a person or animal with curly hair