Jump to navigation Jump to search
From French typographie from Medieval Latin typographia from Ancient Greek τύπος (túpos) + γραφία (graphía, “mark, impression, image”), variant of γραφή (graphḗ, “writing”). type + -o- + -graphy
typography (usually uncountable, plural typographies)
- The art or practice of setting and arranging type; typesetting.
- The practice or process of printing with type.
- The appearance and style of typeset matter.
art and technique
- English terms derived from French
- English terms derived from Medieval Latin
- English terms derived from Ancient Greek
- English terms interfixed with -o-
- English terms suffixed with -graphy
- English 4-syllable words
- English terms with IPA pronunciation
- English lemmas
- English nouns
- English uncountable nouns
- English countable nouns
- English terms prefixed with typo-