Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈkɑmplɪkeɪtɪd/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈkɒmplɪkeɪtɪd/
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: com‧pli‧cat‧ed
- Difficult or convoluted.
- It seems this complicated situation will not blow over soon.
- Mind you, clothes were clothes in those days. […] Frills, ruffles, flounces, lace, complicated seams and gores: not only did they sweep the ground and have to be held up in one hand elegantly as you walked along, but they had little capes or coats or feather boas.
- (biology) Folded longitudinally (as in the wings of certain insects).
difficult or convoluted
- simple past tense and past participle of
- The process of fixing the car engine was complicated by the lack of tools.