Jump to navigation Jump to search
Audio (AU) (file)
- (transitive) To interrupt or curtail before the planned end time.
- The party was cut short because everything was getting broken.
- 2012 August 21, Pilkington, Ed, “Death penalty on trial: should Reggie Clemons live or die?”, in The Guardian:
- The Reggie Clemons case has been a cause of legal dispute for the past two decades. Prosecutors alleged that he and his co-defendants brutally cut short the lives of Julie and Robin Kerry, sisters who had just started college and had their whole adult lives ahead of them.
- Used other than figuratively or idiomatically: see cut, short.