Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (countable, uncountable) Text on a computer, particularly hypertext
- 1999, Wita Wojtkowski, Systems development methods for databases, enterprise modeling, and workflow management:
- The sense of mystory[sic] opens up for academics the conceptual space of allowing students a singular journey through a cybertext.
- 2002, Cheryl J Fish, Yi-Chun Tricia Lin, Women's studies then and now:
- Cybertext may promote such a strong feeling of distance between readers, writers, and texts that referentiality to material conditions is downplayed. The very physical act of holding a book and turning its pages-in a sense, much more interactive than clicking a mouse […]
- (uncountable) Mutually interactive, technologically enhanced text as described by Aarseth.
- 2005, Eva Müller-Zettelmann, Margarete Rubik, Theory into poetry: new approaches to the lyric:
- Procedural and generative cybertext work undermines the concept of authorship and encourages the discussion about 'cyborg authorship'