Jump to navigation Jump to search
cytosome (plural cytosomes)
- (biology, uncountable) The cytoplasm within a cell; the cell outside of the nucleus.
- 1946, Richard Roksabro Kudo, Protozoology, page 33:
- The fundamental component of the protozoan body is the protoplasm which is without exception differentiated into the nucleus and the cytosome.
- (biology, countable) A type of cellular organelle which is enclosed by a membrane.
- 1994, R. E. Kendrick & G. H. M. Kronenberg, Photomorphogenesis in Plants, page 725:
- Moreover, calcium is concentrated in cytosomes, specific membrane-coated vesicles, which are also known as 'tannin vesicles'.