Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- plural of
- (Britain, slang) handcuffs
- 1885, Lewis Carroll, "A Tangled Tale" in The Complete Works of Lewis Carroll, New York: Vintage, 1976, p. 1058,
- And he says, 'I'll go along quiet, Bobby,' he says, 'without the darbies,' he says.
- 1922, James Joyce, Ulysses, Penguin, 1992, p. 592,
- Second watch: (Produces handcuffs) Here are the darbies.
- 1924, Herman Melville, Billy Budd, London: Constable & Co., Chapter 26, 
- Sentry, are you there? / Just ease this darbies at the wrist, and roll me over fair, / I am sleepy, and the oozy weeds about me twist.