Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Hinduism, Buddhism) Hierophany, theophany; being in the presence of the divine or holy (as a person or object).
- 2006, Linda Hess, chapter 8, in The Life of Hinduism, page 183:
- Hindus take darshan of a holy person, object, or place, believing that its mere presence, particularly the sight of it, conveys blessings.
- 2007, Editors of Hinduism Today, What Is Hinduism?: Modern Adventures Into a Profound Global Faith, page 151:
- When approaching a soul who is known to give darshan, be in the same area of the superconscious mind that you feel he must be in.