Jump to navigation Jump to search
dectuple (not comparable)
- 1916 January, “Pacific Type of Locomotive for the Delaware, Lackawanna & Western Railroad”, in Railway and Locomotive Engineering, page 20:
- All longitudinal seams are dectuple riveted.
dectuple (plural dectuples)
- A group of ten.
- 2010, Janet B. Pierrehumbert and Cynthia G. Clopper, “What is LabPhon? And where is it going?”, in Cécile Fougeron, Barbara Kuehnert, Mariapaola Imperio, Nathalie Vallee, editors, Laboratory Phonology 10, Walter de Gruyter, →ISBN:
- Thus, this is our commencement address as the laboratory phonology community “graduates” to its second dectuple of meetings.
- To multiply by ten.
- 2017 April 11, Scott Alexander, “Notes on Cost Disease”, in The American Interest, volume 12, number 5:
- Many costs have really, genuinely dectupled, with no economic or statistical trickery involved.