Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Devoted; loyal; conscientious.
- 2013 June 7, David Simpson, “Fantasy of navigation”, in The Guardian Weekly, volume 188, number 26, page 36:
- Like most human activities, ballooning has sponsored heroes and hucksters and a good deal in between. For every dedicated scientist patiently recording atmospheric pressure and wind speed while shivering at high altitudes, there is a carnival barker with a bevy of pretty girls willing to dangle from a basket or parachute down to earth.
- Used or intended for a particular purpose
devoted, loyal, conscientious
intended for a special purpose
- simple past tense and past participle of