Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: deer-skin
- (uncountable) Leather made from deer hide.
- The moccasin maker had a pile of deer-skin on the table, waiting to be cut out.
- Nichole wore a pair of deerskin gloves because she said she could feel more through them.
- (countable) The hide, whether tanned or not, of one deer.
- The hunter exchanged twenty deerskins for a bottle of whiskey at the trading post.
- (countable) An article of clothing manufactured from deerskin. Often constructed in the plural.
- The trapper wore deerskins because they were softer than cow leather garments and rustled less than canvas.