Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: défécation
- The act or process of voiding feces from the bowels.
- Any of several processes for the removal of impurities, or for clarifying various materials.
- 1883, National Academy of Sciences (US), Investigation of the Scientific and Economic Relations of the Sorghum Sugar Industry, page 84:
- The juice after it leaves the mill has a more or less green color, due to the presence of large quantities of chlorophyl and other vegetable substances, which must be removed. This process is known as defecation.
- See also Thesaurus:defecation
act or process of voiding excrement
process of removing impurities
- “defecation” in Douglas Harper, Online Etymology Dictionary, 2001–2018.