Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Dehydrogenase
dehydrogenase (plural dehydrogenases)
- (biochemistry) Any of several enzymes that catalyze the removal of hydrogen (a proton) from biological compounds.
- 1928, Marjory Stephenson, “On lactic dehydrogenase: A cell-free enzyme preparation obtained from bacteria”, in Biochemical Journal:
- This led to a search in the filtrate for a dehydrogenase which should activate lactate in preference to the other three substances.
- (dehydrogenating enzyme): dehydrase (disused)
- dehydrogenase on Wikipedia.Wikipedia