- (archaic) To depict; to paint; to portray; to delineate.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Edmund Spenser to this entry?)
- (archaic) To depict in words; to describe graphically.
- (archaic) To colour; to decorate with colours.
- (archaic) To stain; to distain.
- (transitive) To remove paint from.
- aircraft depainting technology
- “depaint” in John A. Simpson and Edward S. C. Weiner, editors, The Oxford English Dictionary, 2nd edition, Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1989, ISBN 978-0-19-861186-8.