- (transitive) To free from paupers.
- (transitive) To rescue from poverty.
2009, Donncha Marron, Consumer Credit in the United States, page 24:
- Now it seemed, not only was labor insufficient to depauperize the population, the labor process itself was now seen to be threatening social disorder and mass demoralization […]
- (transitive) To impoverish, to make poor (to make depauperate).
- dispauperize (sense "rescue from poverty" only)
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.