Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: désignation
- An act or instance of designating
- Synonym: indication
- Selection and appointment for a purpose or office.
- His designation as chief justice was controversial.
- July 2021, Omar Marrero, quoted in CyberNews
- The designation of funds by Governor Pedro Pierluisi will also allow non-profit entities to continue providing services to communities
- That which designates; a distinguishing mark or name; distinctive title; appellation.
- Signification, meaning, for example of a word or phrase.
- 1953, Jacob Hooper Wise, The Meaning in Reading:
- It doesn't list all the connotations that the term may have in various contexts: it specifies the designation of the term, or one of the designations of the term.
- See also Thesaurus:name
selection and appointment for a purpose, allotment
distinguishing mark or name
use or application