de- + train
a southbound Reunification Express train, at Dieu Tri Station, Binh Dinh Province, Vietnam.
detrain (third-person singular simple present detrains, present participle detraining, simple past and past participle detrained)
- (rail transport, intransitive) To exit from a train; to disembark
- If you plan to detrain at the next stop, please begin gathering your belongings.
- (rail transport, transitive) to remove a passenger or passengers from a train; to evacuate passengers from a train.
- Following the accident passengers were detrained through the rear cab
- (of an athlete) to reduce one's training, particularly during the offseason, in preparation for a cycle of retraining.
(intransitive) to exit from a train; to disembark