Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: Training
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -eɪnɪŋ
training (plural trainings)
- Action of the verb to train. (Can we add an example for this sense?)
- The activity of imparting and acquiring skills.
2012 January 1, Stephen Ledoux, “Behaviorism at 100”, in American Scientist, volume 100, number 1, page 60:
- Becoming more aware of the progress that scientists have made on behavioral fronts can reduce the risk that other natural scientists will resort to mystical agential accounts when they exceed the limits of their own disciplinary training.
- The result of good social upbringing.
- (computing) The process by which two modems determine which protocol and speed to use; handshaking.
- (voice recognition) The recording of multiple samples of a user's voice to aid pattern recognition.
- The plural trainings, for more than one training session, is not often used.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
See also: lessons
See also: classes
training m (plural trainings)