- Rhymes: -eɪn
- To draw along as a current does.
- water entrained by steam
- (chemistry) To suspend small particles in the current of a fluid.
- (mathematics) To set up or propagate a signal, such as an oscillation.
- (figuratively) To encarriage, to conjoin, to link; as in a series of entities, elements, objects or processes.
- (poetic, intransitive) To get into or board a railway train.
- (transitive) To put aboard a railway train.
- to entrain a regiment
entrain m (uncountable)
- “entrain” in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).