Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈdaɪ.pɚ.hʊd/, /ˈdaɪ.ə.pɚ.hʊd/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈdaɪ.ə.pə.hʊd/
Audio (AU) (file)
- (informal) The period of time for which one wears a diaper as a child; babyhood.
- 1930, Isaac Goldberg, Tin Pan Alley:
- ... "Baby's Eyes" ... "Mud-Pie Days" ... "Baby Hands" ... "Creep, Baby, Creep" ... "My Mamma Lives Up in the Sky" ... "My Mother's Kiss" ... It was the diaperhood of the Alley — a Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children set to children's music.
- 1992, John Voelker, Trout Magic:
- ...all this despite the fact that I was born and raised in the same Peninsula and had been trout fishing avidly almost from diaperhood.
- 2007 April 24, Jan Hoffman, “Treating the Awkward Years”, in New York Times:
- Of those teenagers who are insured and who continue to see a primary-care doctor, a vast majority remain with the pediatricians or family doctors who have cared for them since diaperhood.