Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: dicky bird
- (hypocoristic) A small bird.
- The Swan and the Dickey-bird: A Fable.
- Simple Simon went a hunting, He thought he could not fail, For to catch a Dickie Bird, For he’d got a little salt to put upon his tail.
- (Britain, informal, from Cockney rhyming slang, used especially in negative constructions) A word; a small sound or thing.
- We've not heard a dicky-bird about anything relating to his birthday.
- I peeked into the cellar but there was nothing there. Not a dicky-bird.