- An international boundary dispute.
2002, Organization of American States:
- We also continue our efforts to help settle territorial differenda and peacefully settle differences.
2004, Food for Thought: Chronicles of Belize, page 177:
- And so Belize finds herself left at the altar, all dressed up, a bouquet of "Differendums" in hand, dowry pledges made. Sure, there may still be a wedding. Someday.
2004, Albrecht Schnabel & David Carment, Conflict Prevention from Rhetoric to Reality, →ISBN:
- Under this new agreement, the parties agree to continue to work constructively and in good faith to manage their relationship until they reach a final "just, equitable, honorable and permanent resolution of their territorial differendum."
2011, A. Ajens, Poetry After the Invention of América: Don’t Light the Flower, →ISBN, page 4:
- If we continue beyond issues such as the origin of the name and the origin of Aconcagua culture in general, and attend instead to a reading independent of the mediation of the texts that have given us such a complex, would we also undo what we have been calling the Chilean North/South "differendum" or "dispute," that imbroglio? On the contrary, the differendum continues, even intensifies.
2015, IBP USA, Belize Electoral, Political Parties Laws and Regulations Handbook, →ISBN, page 242:
- The Terms of Reference for the Facilitators in the Belize/Guatemala Territorial Differendum, agreed at the Headquarters of the Organization of American States in Washington DC on 15 May 2000 between the Governments of Belize and Guatemala (hereinafter referred to as 'the Parties'), identified the role of the Facilitators as being to assist the Governments of Belize and Guatemala to find formulae for a peaceful and definitive resolution of the territorial differendum between the two countries.