Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (proscribed) A significant discrepancy.
1921, Canadian Dental Association, Dominion Dental Journal, volume 33:
- Any insufficient tax payable bears interest on the amount of the disparency at the rate of 6 per cent, per annum from April 30th to the time of payment.
1971, Institute of Mathematics and Its Applications, Bulletin - Institute of Mathematics and Its Applications, volume 7:
- There seems to be a slight disparency about the title, for on the inside front cover it is given as "Introduction to Econometric Methods," but the title of the book itself is "Econometrics," which is a far more accurate description.
2008, Bernard Frischer, Beyond illustration: 2d and 3d digital technologies as tools for discovery in archaeology:
- Similar problems arise in the medical field as well, where the disparency between computer tools and formal education methods is acknowledged.
- disparency at OneLook Dictionary Search