Jump to navigation Jump to search
disputed (comparative more disputed, superlative most disputed)
- Argued; not certain, agreed upon, or accepted.
- The theory, though common, was widely disputed.
- 2018, James Lambert, “A multitude of ‘lishes’: The nomenclature of hybridity”, in English World-Wide, page 13:
- The etymology of the term Japlish is disputed and contentiously so.
- (of territory) Claimed by more than one sovereign state.
- simple past tense and past participle of dispute
- They disputed the issue loudly and vehemently.