Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (uncountable, cryptocurrencies) A cryptocurrency featuring the Shiba Inu from the "doge" meme as its logo.
- Hypernym: memecoin
- 2017 August 19, Roderick Abad, “Slow Internet speed helping PHL fend off cyber felons”, in Business Mirror:
- The success of ransomware could be attributed to wide adoption of digital currencies or crypto currencies, such as bitcoin, litecoin ukash, dogecoin, ripple and monero, among others.
- 2021 April 16, Jacob Bentley-York, “Who are Dogecoin founders Billy Markus and Jackson Palmer?”, in The US Sun, retrieved 2021-04-28:
- The net worth of Markus and Palmer is unknown due to their tendency to stay off social media and online platforms. However, dogecoin was estimated to be worth almost $17billion as of April 14, 2021.
- (countable) A unit of this currency. Symbols: Ð, DOGE.
- 2013 December 26, Timothy B. Lee, “Dogecoins and Litecoins and Peercoins oh my: What you need to know about Bitcoin alternatives”, in Washington Post:
- And there really are a lot of people willing to pay cash (or at least Bitcoins, which are easily converted into cash) for dogecoins.
- 2014 June 17, Andy Greenberg, “Hacker Hijacks Storage Devices, Mines $620,000 in Dogecoin”, in Wired:
- Litke and Shear say mining that many dogecoins couldn't be accomplished with the hijacked storage devices alone—each has the cryptocurrency mining power of a smartphone, they say.