- (US, slang, humorous, transitive) To have sexual intercourse with
- You kind of want to doink him, don't you?
- (informal, intransitive) To bounce after a collision.
- The ball doinked off the left upright of the goal.
- See Thesaurus:copulate.
doink (plural doinks)
- (slang) A fool; a jerk; a worthless person.
1989, Thomas Szollosi, The Proving, page 55:
- High school crowds; doinks with nothing better to do than come down to this pisshole and wave through the glass partition at the biggest jerk in the whole gang.
- 1990, Grant Naylor, Better Than Life
- 'Mayday... Mayday...' Rimmer turned. 'I wonder why it's "Mayday"? […] The distress call. Why d'you say "Mayday"? It's just a bank holiday. Why not "Shrove Tuesday" or "Ascension Sunday"?' […] 'It's French, you doink. Help me - m'aidez. How much food is there?'
1994, William Shatner, Tek Power, page 152:
- "Are you this critical of all the Club 900 patrons?" The mechanical doorman made a chuckling noise. "Sure, sap. It makes you doinks feel extra guilty."
2008, Matthew Theisen, The Supreme Witness, page 46:
- We're about the only people here who are in everyday wardrobe; all the other fools are trying to outdo those doinks in Hollywood.