Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: dolebludger
- (Australia, New Zealand, pejorative, slang) An unemployed person who has no intention of seeking a job, and survives on government-funded unemployment benefits.
- 1993, Ken Hunt, Mike Taylor, The Xenophobe′s Guide to the Aussies, 2004, page 13,
- People who do not support the common good, such as dole bludgers (social security cheats) fall outside the mateship fold.
- 1997, Noel Pearson, Shifting Ground Indeed, in 2011, Up from the Mission: Selected Writings, page 73,
- So from day one of the new government we saw a sustained orgy of divisiveness and meanness about immigration, Aborigines and dole bludgers.