Originated in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, possibly from Pennsylvania German.
doplic (comparative more doplic, superlative most doplic)
- (US, slang) Lacking dexterity; not skilled; clumsy.
- That is the third dish I've broken today. I sure am being doplic!
- I'd never make it as a brain surgeon: I'm too doplic!
- I'm so doplic, I haven't passed one test yet this semester
2000, Mark A. Hess, The Same Mistake, ISBN 1588513602, page 209:
- She was young, and had not quite grown into her long, doplic body. Despite her subtle awkwardness there was a sweetness about her.