Jump to navigation Jump to search
- douȝter, dowȝter, doȝter, doghter, doghtyr, dowghter, doughtir, dochtyr, dohter, douhter, dowhter, douhtur, dogheter, dowter, dowtyr, doughtere, dohhterr
- doster, dostyr (influenced by late Old French, where s before a consonant represented /x/)
- One's daughter; one's female direct progeny.
- One of one's female inheritors (also used metaphorically in religion)
- A woman who lives in or inhabits a certain nation.
- A religious woman, especially one who has given herself to the monastic lifestyle.
- A habit or behaviour viewed as one of the mental progeny of someone or something.
- A term of friendship used when talking to a woman.