Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Marked by dreariness; characteristically dreary.
- 2008, Leslie Thomas, In My Wildest Dreams:
- It seemed to me illogical that, at some expense, the Government was going to keep me for eighteen months doing something for which I had no aptitude whatever. Even when I eventually settled to the dull and drearsome life in the Pay Office in Singapore, I had good shorthand speed and I could type, but these jobs were allotted to civilians while I tried to make sense of army accounting.
- 2013, Amanda Scott, Dangerous Illusions:
- “[...] And as if it were your custom to wear your best habit on a drearsome day like this one. The old blue one were good enough for Miss Charley and Miss Melissa afore today.”