Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (dated) Like a dude or dandy; foppish; fastidious about personal appearance.
- 1938, Charles A. Johnson, A Narrative History of Wise County, Virginia, page 165:
- He was a stiff-collar, high-headed fellow, of good intellect and had rather a dudish appearance. He went gentlemanly dressed in East Virginia style, wore a high-top silk hat, as had lawyer Park, and sported a gold headed walking cane.
- 1950, Life (volume 28, number 4, 23 January 1950, page 45)
- Women go dudish with pique trim, starched or flowered bosoms