Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /djʊˈplɪsɪtəs/
- (US) IPA(key): /duːˈplɪsətəs/, /djuːˈplɪsətəs/
Audio (US) (file) Audio (AU) (file)
- Given to or marked by deliberate deceptiveness in behavior or speech.
- 2017 January 19, Peter Bradshaw, “T2 Trainspotting review – choose a sequel that doesn't disappoint”, in the Guardian:
- It reunites the horribly duplicitous skag-addicted non-heroes of the first movie about twentysomethings trying to get off heroin in Edinburgh, and finding that they have nothing very much to put in its place.
Given to or marked by deliberate deceptiveness in behavior or speech
- duplicitous at OneLook Dictionary Search