Jump to navigation Jump to search
econobox (plural econoboxes)
- (informal) A small, unassuming automobile.
- 2007 February 4, Bob Knoll, “A Korean Crossover Gets Its Green Card”, in New York Times:
- BY now, everyone knows that South Korean automakers have come a long way since their first halting attempts to sell tinny econoboxes to Americans.
- 2007 March 18, Lawrence Ulrich, “There’s More Than Meets the Eye”, in New York Times:
- Soon after, John Cooper’s transformation of this simple econobox into a rally-racing world champion made the Mini an international phenomenon.