Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: édification
- ædification (archaic)
- The act of edifying, or the state of being edified or improved; a building process, especially morally, emotionally, or spiritually
- 1831, Letitia Elizabeth Landon, Romance and Reality, volume 3, page 219:
- Caterina Pachetti had been a very pretty women, which she remembered more to her own edification than to that of her friends.
- March 14, 2018, Roger Penrose writing in The Guardian, 'Mind over matter': Stephen Hawking – obituary
- It seems clear that he took great delight in his commonly perceived role as “the No 1 celebrity scientist”; huge audiences would attend his public lectures, perhaps not always just for scientific edification.
- (archaic) A building or edifice.
the act of edifying, or the state of being edified