Jump to navigation Jump to search
- ædify (archaic)
- (now rare) To build, construct.
- (transitive) To instruct or improve morally or intellectually.
- It does not appear probable that our dispute [about miracles] would either edify or enlighten the public.
- 1813, The Connecticut Evangelical Magazine, Vol. VI, page 455
- That they ought to edify one another by maintaining and promoting the knowledge of truth.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Francis Bacon to this entry?)
To instruct or improve morally or intellectually