Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (transitive) to teach by giving instructions
- Listen carefully when someone instructs you how to assemble the furniture.
- (transitive) to direct; to order (usage note: "instruct" is less forceful than "order", but weightier than "advise")
- The doctor instructed me to keep my arm immobilised and begin physiotherapy.
teach, give instruction
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
instruct (plural instructs)
instruct (not comparable)