Jump to navigation Jump to search
- In an efficient or effective manner; with powerful effect.
- 1946, George Johnston, Skyscrapers in the Mist, page 89:
- The nightclubs generally provide liquor (at a price), pretty girls who are clad diaphanously but extremely effectively, a tiny space in which to dance [...] and food[.]
- 2011 December 19, Kerry Brown, “Kim Jong-il obituary”, in The Guardian:
- A state ideology, mixing nationalism, and basic Marxist economics, going under the name "Juche", was constructed, and Kim Il-sung effectively silenced, disposed of and cleared away any opposition, isolating the country and exercising an iron grip on the military, the state media and the government and party organs.
- Essentially, in effect, for all practical purposes.
in an efficient or effective manner; with powerful effect