- (Classical) IPA(key): /emˈpeː.ri.ke/, [ɛmˈpeːɾɪkɛ]
- (Ecclesiastical) IPA(key): /emˈpe.ri.t͡ʃe/, [ɛmˈpɛːrit͡ʃɛ]
emperice (plural emperesses)
- An empress; a female ruler of an empire.
- The wife or partner of an empire's ruler.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Chaucer to this entry?)
- English: empress
- “emperesse, n.”, in MED Online, Ann Arbor, Mich.: University of Michigan, 2007, retrieved 2019-03-24.
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
(See the entry for emperice in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.)