Jump to navigation Jump to search
- ænigmatically (archaic)
- Acting in a manner that suggests an enigma.
- Behaving mysteriously or strangely.
- 1919 October, John Galsworthy, chapter I, in Saint’s Progress, London: William Heinemann, published December 1919, OCLC 731506428, part III, 1 §, page 220:
- "Leila!" she said enigmatically. "Have you seen her?" / "I went to her flat last week with Dad—he likes her." / "Delilah is her real name, you know. All men like her. And Captain Fort is her lover."
- Functioning in a way that is unexplainable.