Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Very hungry or greedy; ravenous.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Bailey to this entry?)
- Poor, but esurient.
- 1983, Alasdair Gray, ‘Logopandocy’, Canongate 2012 (Every Short Story 1951-2012), p. 177:
- I answered that such freedom would be worse than the vilest slavery, for it would leave me free to do nothing but grappel till death with clusterfist creditors and esurient Kirkists […].
- See also Wikisaurus:voracious
esurient (plural esurients)