Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The act of eluding or evading or avoiding, particularly the pressure of an argument, accusation, charge, or interrogation; artful means of eluding.
- 2011, Christine Chism, Alliterative Revivals, page 99:
- In these hunting scenes, as many critics have noted, the reversals, negotiations, lurkings, and evasions between hunter and prey mirror and frame the bedroom strategies of the Lady and Gawain.
- 2020 January 2, Barry Doe, “ScotRail suspending seat reservations is hardly a "recipe for disaster"”, in Rail, page 62:
- He complained to LNER but was told: "We have had an increase in fare evasion on certain services which has led to our locking toilet facilities where (people) usually hide to avoid payment. Although Aberdeen is a gated station, customers often purchase the cheapest ticket available and board our services."
the act of eluding or evading or avoiding, particularly the pressure of an argument, accusation, charge, or interrogation