nook and cranny
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
(Redirected from every nook and cranny)
- (idiomatic) A place or part of a place, especially small or remote.
- Everyone went to sleep in some nook and cranny of the house.
- 1966, Pat Shaw Iversen (tr.), “Soup from a Sausage Peg”, in The Snow Queen and Other Tales, edition 1st ed., translation of Fairy Tales by Hans Christian Andersen, page 224:
- It's strange to come away from home, from your own nook and cranny, to go by ship – which is also a kind of nook and cranny – and then suddenly be more than a hundred miles away and stand in a foreign land!
- nook or cranny (negative sentences)