Jump to navigation Jump to search
exhauster (plural exhausters)
- (obsolete) exhaust, exhaust pipe
- 1884, Various, Scientific American Supplement, No. 446, July 19, 1884:
- There is, however, another inconvenience which can only be remedied by the use of a second exhauster, viz., the loss of pressure after the passage of the gas through the washer--a loss resulting from the obstacle presented by this appliance to the steady flow of the gas.
- one who exhausts or depletes
- 1916, R. V. Russell, The Tribes and Castes of the Central Provinces of India:
- One of the most insignificant-looking men I ever saw then became the destroyer of nations, the leveller of mountains, the exhauster of the ocean.