exude + -ation
exudation (countable and uncountable, plural exudations)
- The act or process of exuding.
- 1943, “Out of the Fire,” Time, 16 August, 1943,
- In severe burns, the body loses large amounts of nitrogen, in the urine and by exudation from the burned body surface.
- Something that is exuded.
- 2004, Alan Hollinghurst, The Line of Beauty, Bloomsbury, 2005, Chapter 7,
- The car was parked in close to the rustic fence, under the lime trees, and their sticky exudations had already stippled the windscreen.